From McKenzie

Christmas is fast approaching, and I have started recollecting past Christmases. All of the Christmases have been great, but I started to think which one was a little more special, then I remembered the Christmas when I was nine years old. A few weeks before Christmas, I went shopping with my mom, and we were looking for gifts for some of my cousins. We were in Herbergers, and they had a big round table filled with stuffed animals. I was a huge sucker for stuffed animals. My eyes immediately went to a reddish brown tiger with black stripes; I thought the tiger was the cutest thing I had ever seen. My mom asked me if this would be a good gift for one of my cousins who was a little younger than me. I agreed, but I couldn’t stop holding it, and I wanted the tiger to be mine. After we bought the stuffed animal and went home, I could not stop obsessing with it, so my mom agreed to let me play with the tiger until Christmas was closer and she had to mail it. Eventually the day came, and I had to sadly give up the stuffed animal. My mom placed the stuffed animal in the closet, and that was the last I saw of the tiger.

Christmas day came, and I was ripping the paper open to see what I had received from “Santa.” Once I had opened all of my gifts, my mom pointed to one more and said it was for me. She was pointing to a lump on a chair with one of my blankets over it. I went over to the chair and removed the blanket. My eyes immediately popped at the sight of the reddish brown tiger with black stripes. I wrapped my arms around the soft tiger, I later named Tigger Rose, and I didn’t want to let go.

Tigger Rose has stayed with me throughout the years as one of my companions. Years have passed; I do not sleep with Tigger Rose anymore, but I do still keep the tiger in my room. I do not know if my mom was going to ever send the tiger, or if she had decided she wanted the tiger to be one of my Christmas gifts. I do not care because I think the gift was one of the best surprises I have had.

I do not know how many Christmases we have left as a whole family, but when I remember past Christmases, I am thankful for all of them.

Comments

Popular Posts