From McKenzie

Thoughts: I Will Always Be Your Daughter

Every time I look over my shoulder to make sure you are still walking behind me, I see the distance between us growing as you keep fading away. This distance is a reminder of how I once thought of us as close, and now we have grown apart. I blame the disease, and I know I allowed it to come between us. As the disease started to take over, I hardly recognized you, so I went the other way. I did not feel like I could talk to you anymore because I felt you did not understand or comprehend what I was saying. Now I am starting to realize I could have talked, and you would still listen, because after all, you are still my mother; you still listen even if you may not understand or give me any advice. I do not know if the distance between us will ever fully close, but at least I have the memories of our once-close relationship.

Comments

Popular Posts