From McKenzie

For the Love of Cheesecake


My mom’s vocabulary and ability to understand words declined in the last few years,
yet through the changes she still loves to smile and laugh. When she recognizes people
on TV, she automatically smiles and laughs. 

Also, my mom starts to smile when she recognizes foods she loves. For example, a few weeks ago my family and I gathered at the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Sara’s first half marathon. My mom loves her sweets, so of course when we were there we needed to order  one of their scrumptious cheesecakes. My sister and I decided to split an Oreo cheesecake with my mom. 

When the waiter brought out the humongous slice, my mom’s eyes widened as big as the cheesecake, and she couldn't stop laughing and smiling in anticipation of having it. The waiter placed the plate in front of us. Right away my mom’s fingers darted toward the plate, but my sister intercepted her hand as I am sure my mom would have grabbed the whole piece and left nothing for us. We all started laughing at my mom’s attempt to devour the cheesecake by herself, and my mom was so happy about the dessert that she couldn't stop grinning.

Comments

Popular Posts